Tag: microbee

  • Every Holiday…

    Every Holiday…

    I’ve had two weeks of leave, and we know what that means, right? A veritable frenzy of repairs and projects! Microbee I’ve been beta testing a new SuperPAK Romset for Alan Laughton (Aka ChickenMan) as he has been developing an extensive set of ROMs for Suzy’s amazing SuperPAK coreboard. With literally hundreds of slots to…

  • Ketchup

    Yeah, it’s been a while. TI 99/4a A quick update on the TIPI/32k. It’s now in a case I made from an old Jiffybox, that was almost exactly the right size. I just plumbed in some cuts and some drill holes and it’s now no longer just a bare PCB. Amiga Sidecar A friend asked…

  • Had a lot of time

    In which the site owner is a bit lazy. So I haven’t died, and I haven’t stopped working on systems, but I have stopped posting. This will be the “bullet point edition” of all the things I’ve done. No idea what any of this means. So not dead, just quiet 🙂

  • Ticking along

    Ticking along

    First, let me lead by saying I’ve started a new job, so posting will drop down to a less regular schedule from here on out, I’m afraid. I’ve been working on all sorts of projects without much success on many of them. Meanwhile I have had some wins! Microbee CGA to VGA Adapter Firstly, after…

  • New Pickups

    New Pickups

    Picked up two new items this fortnight. Commodore 1804S This is often considered the “holy grail” of Commodore monitors. It supports just about any signal you can throw at it, including composite, s-video and RGB. This one I found while at my local maker space, Artifactory, in the “Virtual Recycling” pile. It wasn’t quite “in”…

  • A Whole Lotta Nothing

    A Whole Lotta Nothing

    I’m not dead. Honest! It has, however, been a long time between posts. Unfortunately I haven’t been working on project work as much as I would have liked, and I spent a long time waiting for parts to arrive for projects. CreatiVision Controllers (AKA the Dick Smith Wizzard) The new PCBs arrived. It took me…

  • The Big Haul

    The Big Haul

    So on the weekend, as part of a local organisation, I did some volunteer work. In return I got some old systems donated to me. And what a donation it was! While none of this equipment is in what I would call a “working state”, it’s all fixable and it’s all super interesting. First up…

  • Update on all the PCBs

    Update on all the PCBs

    So remember all those PCBs I ordered? Let’s break down what worked and what didn’t. What Worked So first up, both my ROM adapters worked without a problem. So we now have a Low Profile Amiga ROM switcher and a Low Profile Microbee ROM switcher. Both built around using turned pins to keep the profile…

  • Assembling the Microbee MultiROM

    Assembling the Microbee MultiROM

    So I have finally got a design for a “MultiROM” ROM changer suitable for use with the PC 85, capable of fitting in a standard case in the ROM H position at IC 22. https://github.com/cheshirenoir/BeeMultiRom Assembling these is a little non standard so here’s a guide. You will need: If your pins are in a…

  • Mutant Bee. Tac 2 Repair

    While I work on a special project, I’ve been paused on all but the most basic work. One project I did do (And had fun doing) was upgrading my Microbee Personal Communicator up to being a PC85b. This was literally just a swap of the top “core” board for the one I had left over…