Tag: Creativision

  • Had a lot of time

    In which the site owner is a bit lazy. So I haven’t died, and I haven’t stopped working on systems, but I have stopped posting. This will be the “bullet point edition” of all the things I’ve done. No idea what any of this means. So not dead, just quiet :-)

  • Ticking along

    Ticking along

    First, let me lead by saying I’ve started a new job, so posting will drop down to a less regular schedule from here on out, I’m afraid. I’ve been working on all sorts of projects without much success on many of them. Meanwhile I have had some wins! Microbee CGA to VGA Adapter Firstly, after…

  • Power Supply Build for the CreatiVision

    AKA the Dick Smith Wizzard So I recently built a replacement PSU for my CreatiVision. I have a working PSU, but it’s always best to have a spare on hand. The original needs 9V 1A and 16V 250mA. Thanks to some help from another collector (Hi Tim!) and some basic research, I was able to…

  • Total Joystick Madness

    Total Joystick Madness

    I have been busy :-) Now I have all the different computers working, it was time to get interfaces for them so they can fulfil their prime purpose. To wit: Video Games! Texas Instruments TI 99/4A I have a PCB design ready to go for this, but in the meantime, I decided to make a…

  • A Whole Lotta Nothing

    A Whole Lotta Nothing

    I’m not dead. Honest! It has, however, been a long time between posts. Unfortunately I haven’t been working on project work as much as I would have liked, and I spent a long time waiting for parts to arrive for projects. CreatiVision Controllers (AKA the Dick Smith Wizzard) The new PCBs arrived. It took me…

  • The Big Haul

    The Big Haul

    So on the weekend, as part of a local organisation, I did some volunteer work. In return I got some old systems donated to me. And what a donation it was! While none of this equipment is in what I would call a “working state”, it’s all fixable and it’s all super interesting. First up…

  • Update on all the PCBs

    Update on all the PCBs

    So remember all those PCBs I ordered? Let’s break down what worked and what didn’t. What Worked So first up, both my ROM adapters worked without a problem. So we now have a Low Profile Amiga ROM switcher and a Low Profile Microbee ROM switcher. Both built around using turned pins to keep the profile…

  • Not a Soldering Iron in Sight

    Not a Soldering Iron in Sight

    Updates Starting with an update on existing projects, I have the Amiga MIDI project working. I’d accidently crossed the input and output lines on the MAX2323 chip. A quick bodle later and it was working. It’s now corrected in the master PCB. I also have permission from Grzegorz Kraszewski to release my version. That was…

  • Another Productive Break

    So, having a week off, I decided to move on a few projects. While not completely successful, I did make some good breakthroughs. Leading up to the break, I started a repair on a huge old CRT TV, It’s not working… yet but I think I just need to check some things on the inside…

  • Not much going on…

    Mostly I have been working on building a Retro Chip Tester so I can start diagnosing things faster with the Amigas. This is actually for the Artifactory, but I plan to use it for a bit before I drop it off to them. If nothing else, I want to get through the backlog of 4116…